DIZH’s innovation program is one of the initiative’s core components. Our partner universities are running various types of innovative digitalization projects with the private and public sector. This is intended to bring research findings closer in line with practical real-world applications and also allows researchers to consider the needs and experiences of their partners in industry and government. Here the following characteristics of innovation play an important role: being open to taking risks, incorporating a variety of disciplines, creating value and working together.
Funding from the innovation program will be distributed in a transparent and competitive process. As part of our calls for proposals, a jury consisting of members from partner institutions will select the best project applications and fund them according to the available budget. Various calls will be launched every year.
Two calls for proposals will be launched at the start of the Fall Semester 2021: Call for rapid action proposals and proposals for ecosystem creation.
Calls for proposals can largely be categorized into the following groups:
- a. Proposals for ecosystem creation: for creating long-term innovation structures.
- b. Project proposals: for a variety of parties to tackle a specific issue.
- c. Founder proposals: for founding spin-offs, start-ups and non-profit organizations; open to employees and students at partner universities.
- d. Rapid action proposals: for putting ideas into practice when time is of the essence.
- e. Outreach proposals: for expanding and boosting the visibility of DIZH issues and projects.
You can find more detailed information in the program concept and rules (German only).
DIZH’s innovation program has a CHF 80 million budget for the 2020–2029 period, to which the initiative and the partner universities are each contributing half.
Program concept and rules
The concept document describes the operations and implementation of DIZH’s innovation program. It provides information on the goals of the program and how they contribute to the overarching goals of DIZH.
The rules for DIZH’s innovation program over the 2020–2029 period establish the organizational structure of the program and how it is run.